The SoftComp/EUSMI Annual Meeting represents a forum for all participants to discuss scientific work performed and the realization of next joint goals within the SoftComp and EUSMI communities. Despite the fact that the EU funding for EUSMI was terminated end of 2021 we are striving to continue this series of inspiring joint meetings.
The tentative programme of the SoftComp/EUSMI Annual Meeting 2023 is not yet available.
The meeting includes the following sessions:
Six plenary speakers:
- Stefano Aime (ESPCI) – tentative title TBA
- Julian Oberdisse (CNRS Montpellier) – tentative tile “Polymer structure and dynamics in solvents and nanocomposites: from microgels to interfacial layers”
- Evelyne van Ruymbeke (Univ. Catholic de Louvain) – tentative title “The importance of the interplay between entanglements, supramolecular dynamics and phase separation”
- Gijsje Koenderink (TU Delft) – tentative tile “Mechanical behavior of soft living matter”
- Jan Smrek (Univ. Vienna) – tentative title “Active ring melts and topological glasses”
- Veronique Trappe (Univ. Fribourg) – tentative title “Memory of shear in soft jammed materials”
Two topical sessions
- Biophysics and biomechanics
- Particulate materials, gels and pastes
(will be reserved to researchers presenting recently published or unpublished results)
- Heterogeneous polymeric systems and nanocomposite
- Polymers and responsive networks
- Active and living soft matter
- New methods and techniques for soft matter
- Interfaces and surface-active matter
- Young Scientists session
The Annual Meeting Chairs are Dr. Laurence Ramos, CNRS Montpellier, France, and Dr. Dimitris Vlassopoulos, FORTH, Greece.
Call for abstracts
You are kindly invited to submit the title and the abstract of your scientific contribution(s) through the abstract submission page.
All contributions will be practically accepted, however, due to the limited time, it may happen that some contributions, which are intended as oral presentations, have to be shifted to the poster sessions.
Please note that a successful abstract submission alone is not considered a proof of registration.
The tentative programme will become available on the SoftComp website in due time after the deadline for abstract submission.
Participants who are affiliated to a SofComp member group, AND already have an account on the SoftComp web portal, can immediately login to the SoftComp restricted area and complete their meeting registration under https://eu-softcomp.net/news/meetings/softcomp-annual-meeting-2023/register/. You must be logged in to the SoftComp User Area to access the registration page.
All others have to follow the instructions given in this PDF.
Venue and Transportation
The Annual Meeting will be held at the Mole Vanvitelliana, Ancona, Italy.
Transportation from the Ancona airport and train station to the hotels and from the hotels to the Ancona airport and train station will be organized for all the participants, provided that travel details are duly reported in the registration form by May 17, 2023.
For participant affiliated to SoftComp members the meeting and travel costs can be covered by the SoftComp central budget according to SoftComp internal rules. For details see the Meeting page on the SoftComp web-site.
Regrettably there is no budget available to support participants who are not affiliated to a SoftComp member.
Participants will be accommodated in two hotels within 5 minutes walking distance from conference venue. For half board accommodation which is not covered by SoftComp the following rates apply.
- Before May 22 and after May 26: Bed & Breakfast: Single room 69€; Double room 94€, three bed-room 124€.
- Between May 22 and May 26: Half Board: Single room 94€; Double room 144€, three bed-room 199€.
- 2€ per night per person city Tax.
- Bed & Breakfast: Single Economy room 105€, Single Standard room 125€, Single Superior room 165€, Double Standard room 175€, Double Superior room 215€.
- 2€ per night per person City Tax.
Breakfast and dinner are included in the half board prices. Lunches will be provided for all participants by SoftComp.
Participants whose costs are not covered by SoftComp must settle their hotel bill on site upon departure.
We are indebted to the local government that made available the Annual Meeting venue free of charge.
Abstract submission deadline: 20 April 2023.
Notification of acceptance 03 May 2023.
Deadline for the registration: 17 May 2023.
For any questions, please contact directly the SoftComp Manager (F.Carsughi@fz-juelich.de).
Location: Ancona, Italy
Contact person: Flavio Carsughi